We all need a creative boost from time to time, whether it's ideas overload or being totally fed up with a project as you feel you're not making progress. Here are 10 of my favourite super quick ways to recharge your creativity!
1. Go for a walk. It doesn't have to be a 26 mile hike, just grab to dog and walk around the block or the local park, maybe have a wander to your local shops or walk round to a friends house for a cuppa and a chat (even better if it's a creative friend as you'll start bouncing ideas off each other)
2. Work somewhere different, this can be very effective if you work from home and spend most of your day wearing pyjamas and talking to your dog or cat (ask me how I know) I favour the local coffee shop, not only do they do delicious Hot Chocolate & Coffee, the cake is great too, and cake is great for creativity.
3. Meditate. It may sound a bit woowoo but tuning out the mental chatter for 5-10 minutes is great for refocusing your attention. If you have no idea where to start have a look on Youtube or check out the Headspace or Calm apps for your phone, they both have free basic versions to get you started. There's also a fabulous guide to mindfulness over on relaxlikeaboss.com which takes you step by through the mindfulness process.
4. Read a good book.
5. Play your favourite song - loud! You could also set up a motivational playlist on Spotify.
6. Make a list of goals.
7. Draw or doodle.
8. Write a letter to a friend, to your nana, to future you or teenage you.
9. Bake a cake. (For best results, share cake with friends)
10. Go on a cleaning spree! I have absolutely no idea how this works but it really does, it's amazing how many creative ideas pop into your head whilst you're scrubbing the bath.
Do you know The Creative Sparks Club has a community group over on Facebook? If you're a creative indie business owner come on over and say hi. We're all about helping creative business owners stay creative whilst dealing with the business side of business. Just click here to come & join us.